Sunset at Point No Point

Sunset at Point No Point
Sunset at Point No Point

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my Window... the sun is going down and it is that beautiful dusk color.
 
I am thinking...that even though i got off to a late start this morning, i really have accomplished quite a bit.

From the learning rooms...i am learning to play the Mandolin.  There are now 3 of us in the family playing.

I am thankful for...having Pho with the family tonight!

From the kitchen...nothing much is happening out there.
 
I am wearing...sweat pants, sweat jacket and a long sleeved T with brown slippers..
 
I am reading...The Book Thief a very interesting and well-written book.

I am hoping....to get my craft room cleaned out and organized this week.
 
I am creating...socks for Tammie.  (it's part of her Christmas gift.)

I am hearing...the teakettle warming up preparatory to my making a cuppa.
 
Around the house...it is comforting.

One of my favorite things...rearranging furniture!  i just did a bit in my living room today. 

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... tomorrow i have Bible Study in the morning with a lunch after, then support group in the evening.  i plan to go in early to do a bit of shopping. Then Thursday is TOPS, and Friday is a craft market.  My daughter and i will take soap there to sell. i plan to make some soap also this week.  
Yesterday was our moms birthday; she would have been 89 years old.  i am sharing an early picture of her and dad going out on the town; probably in the early '50's.

1 comment:

  1. I told Steve he needed to learn the mandolin too so we can start a mandolin band... he came up with the name the Candolins! :) I've been working on learning a few new tunes... double jigs... while you tubing one of the tunes (to make sure I had the melody right) I found this guy... His facial expression (of lack of) cracks me up!
    http://youtu.be/owEbtENnXA4and

    ReplyDelete