Sunset at Point No Point

Sunset at Point No Point
Sunset at Point No Point

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my Window...the sun is going down on a lovely spring day.  It was sunny and fairly warm ~ upper 50's i think.  
 
I am thinking...about why some people are so obtuse!  They refuse to understand how their words and actions hurt others.  Earlier today i saw a great word picture with photo of this very thing.  Imagine taking a china plate and dropping it on the floor.  What happened?  It broke, of course.  Now imagine saying "i'm sorry" to the broken plate.  Did that fix it?  Of course not.  That is how it is when we hurt others.  A simple "Sorry" does not put things back the way they were.  Some people just don't understand this.

From the learning rooms...today i learned from my doctor in answer to a question i had asked him that there is no hope for my being such a night owl/difficult to wake up in the morning person for he is the very same way!  i had hoped he had some miracle cure for my morning fuzzy-headedness.
 
I am thankful for...knowing so many, many wonderful people!  They continue to bless me every day.

From the kitchen...today the island is covered with soap ingredients that came in the mail today.  i will be making supper for the family tomorrow night.  i think i'll cook Chinese this time.
 
I am wearing...black pants, white turtleneck, bright green sweater (it is St. Patrick's Day, after all) and my brown slippers.

I am reading...several books currently.  My fiction/for pleasure read is Les Miserables.  i haven't gotten very far yet but it is very readable. i also have started Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado and Out of the Storm and Into God's Arms by Jill Briscoe. They are both very good, inspiring, encouraging books.

I am hoping....to find a single bed with trundle to set up in the guest room for company. (Still looking!)

I am creating... some knitted things for Rowan.  i made a pair of booties and i want to make a couple more pair and then a pair of knitted pants.
 
I am hearing...the squawk of the parakeet; otherwise the house is very quiet.

Around the house...it looks very good.  i cleaned all day yesterday because i was going to host the monthly Bible study that my daughter leads; then today it was cancelled due to so many being sick.  i can enjoy a clean house for a few days!

One of my favorite things...the quiet.  i love a quiet house and a quiet life.  "...and make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and to attend to your own business and work with your hands..."  I Thessalonians 4:11

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...the same regular activities are on the calendar ~ Bible study on Wednesday morning,  TOPS Thursday morning and support group Thursday evening, followed by choir practice. i want to make a couple of batches of soap this week, work on the knitting and continue preparing the guest room for company. 

i am praying... more diligently. 
 
i am hoping... to find a bed for my guest room.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy/crave/bask in the "quiet", too....
    I saw a daybed with trundle on a local facebook garage sale page the other day. (We used to have one...and it came in very handy.) I tried to think if I needed one again and decided I'd wait to see where we land - currently in process of retiring. Down-sizing for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the postcard! I lived down a laneway just out of picture on the right.

    ReplyDelete