Sunset at Point No Point

Sunset at Point No Point
Sunset at Point No Point

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my Window... it is cloudy and cool with the promise of the rain soon.  My favorite kind of day.

I am thinking...of how my life has changed and continues to change ~ for the better, i think.

From the learning rooms...i am learning that i can order my life around those things which please me.  i don't need someone else's permission or approval to live my own life.

I am thankful for...good health and the ability to do things.  Many people my age have many health problems but i have been blessed with good genes, i guess.

From the kitchen...yesterday i painted 3 bar stools and a large wooden shelf on top of the kitchen counter ~ i just took them down a few minutes ago.  i made tea and lunch.  Tomorrow i plan on making a favorite dish for my daughter and her family.
 
I am wearing...faded blue jeans, a white turtleneck, navy blue pullover sweater and brown slippers.

I am reading...Arrrrggghhh, i am purposing to finish Moby Dick!  i started it a couple of years ago and am nearly halfway through.  i won't allow myself to read anything else (besides my Bible and devotional books) until i finish it.

I am hoping....for an end to an ongoing situation.  Lord willing, within a month or so i will be in a better, more settled place.

I am creating... and trying to finish decorating my house.  i have lived in it for over a year and there are still some very blank walls, piles of framed photos on the floor, furniture that i want to paint, etc, etc.  i have realized that just giving mental assent to these tasks doesn't get them done!

I am hearing...my parakeet talking to himself in the next room.

Around the house...it feels cluttery.  There is too much stuff.  i am wanting to get rid of a bunch of it but seem stuck for the moment.

One of my favorite things...quiet days.  Days when i don't have to go anywhere, there is no pressing business and i can just BE!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Well, let's see...tomorrow (Wednesday) morning is my Bible study.  We are studying a new work by Beth Moore titled Children of the Day based on 1 and 2 Thessalonians.  Tomorrow evening i am planning on making supper for my daughter's family, Thursday we are all going to SAM (Seattle Art Museum), then i have a support group meeting in the evening.  Friday, i may spend the afternoon with the father of a good friend.  His health is not good and even though he is doing some better he enjoys the bit of company i bring.  Sometimes we run his errands, sometimes we go on a local road trip or stay home and cook something.  He just celebrated his 83rd birthday and is a joy to be around. That evening my daughter is having friends over for dinner so i will join them.  Then i think i am entertaining the friends 2 little girls so the grown-ups can have some time. Saturday, i think, is a "free" day with no outside obligations. Saturday evening i usually Skype with my son in China and get to see my newest grandson!  
 
Speaking of him ~ Rowan ~ i'll share a couple of recent pictures. He just turned 6 months old the first of February!


 


1 comment:

  1. It's always nice to see a post here... It sounds like you've been busy with lots of painting going on. Sounds like fun! :) I love the pictures of the baby, he's grown so much! I bet you can't wait to see him (and his folks too!) Have a good day...

    ReplyDelete