Sunset at Point No Point

Sunset at Point No Point
Sunset at Point No Point

Monday, February 9, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my Window... it is cloudy and cool with the promise of the rain soon.  My favorite kind of day.  (i haven't changed this for the past 3 or 4 postings!  :-)

I am thinking...of changes that may be/will be happening in my life in the next few weeks.  Perhaps there will be an end of the uncertainty of the past months.

From the learning rooms...to be a whole person able to speak my mind (kindly, i hope) on matters that concern me; be do those things that cause me to feel contented and happy - alone.

I am thankful for...my little house.  It brings me joy every day.  It is nothing fancy or elegant but it suits me. i love to look out the front and see trees, a small pond, sometimes ducks or a heron on the pond, and looking out the back i see my daughters house and sometimes the kids kicking the soccer ball in the backyard but even if not, i know they're in there doing their thing.

From the kitchen...once again, the kitchen is not a beehive of activity as it is in my daughters and others homes.  i did wash up all the dirty dishes from the weekend when i wasn't feeling well and fixed myself a lunch of tea, homemade bread and cheese.
 
I am wearing...denim jumper, black turtleneck and brown slippers.

I am reading...Arrrrggghhh, i am purposing to finish Moby Dick!  i started it a couple of years ago and am nearly halfway through.  i won't allow myself to read anything else (besides my Bible and devotional books) until i finish it. (Yes, once again, this is my plan.  It has been tough going but i am determined!!!)

I am hoping....to spend most of this week at home working on finishing the decorating.

I am creating... a knitted sleeveless long vest.  i found the pattern on Pinterest when i was looking for something new to make.  It is simple and hopefully won't take too long.
I am hearing...nothing really.  The hum of my computer is about all.
Around the house...i am continuing to declutter.

One of my favorite things...a really big mug of tea.  i don't drink it quickly so it is generally around until it gets cold but i drink it anyway.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...the same regular activities are on the calendar ~ Bible study on Wednesday morning, TOPS Thursday morning and support group Thursday evening.  Patrick is out of town so on Tuesday evening Tammie has invited a young mother whose husband is also away on business to come for supper with her 2 little girls and i will join them.  It should prove to be a fun evening.  We did not go to the Seattle Art Museum last week due to sick kids so we'll try again next month.  (They have a free day every month.)  Next Sunday there will be an elders lunch at the home of one of the elders after church.  Patrick being an elder means their whole family goes and i tag along.  

i am praying... for a good friend of my sons who has some health concerns.

i am hoping... to get a long shelf and some pictures hung up today or tomorrow.

A favorite encouraging thought:

No comments:

Post a Comment